Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Open Book

I am still feeling good about our decision to start trying for another baby. I am really liking having a realized approach to the whole thing. I don't think I will be charting this month and who know when or even if I will chart to help with conception. I much prefer charting as means of birth control instead. It's much less stressful.

I recently discovered that I am completely OK with talking to people about TTC. I don't mind if people know that we are hoping to add to the family soon. I feel like there should be no shame in that. I don't want to set myself up for worry. I guess I am, and always have been, a pretty open person. Several of my co-workers know we are TTC. My parents, friends and siblings know I we are TTC. I guess what it comes down to is the fact that I don't mind sharing things with people. And mostly, if I am excited about something, I can't help talking about it. I am really good at keeping other people's secrets, but if it's about me, I can't keep it in!

The day I found out I was pregnant with Lou, I told my husband and my mom and we decided maybe we shouldn't tell anyone else in case I miscarried because that seemed like what most people do. Then I just felt so excited, I told everyone by the end of that same day! I really feel like there shouldn't be a filter in whether or not you share good news with someone. I understand people waiting to share the news if you have struggled with infertility or miscarriage and want to wait a little longer, but I am more of an open book. For me, I will probably talk about my TTC/pregnancy journey to the people in my life that I care about regardless of what bumps in the road lie ahead.

Sometimes, saying it out loud helps me feel at peace with major decisions. That was certainly the case recently. This past weekend I told a few of my siblings (that don't already read this blog) that we are TTC. Besides the one sibling that does read this blog, the announcement was met with enthusiasm and support. I certainly could use a little of that. It feels especially good to honestly feel OK with being relaxed about the whole thing. We aren't using any kind of child achieving method. We aren't charting, or making sure we do the deed every day or anything like that. We are genuinely just going to go with whatever happens. Nothing planned, just take one day at a time and hopefully someday that means we add to our family. I guess I wouldn't even call it trying to conceive (TTC) we are hoping to conceive. I like that a lot better. Hope requires patience. Trying requires effort. I want this to be a loving and effortless process. I realize some effort needs to be put into it. *ahem* (the having sex part)  But I won't want it to feel like the negative kind of forced effort.

Now I am just rambling. But that is the purpose of this blog. For me to ramble about whatever I chose :)

Next post will be about how obsessed I have become with Dave Ramsey. Stay tuned. It's gonna be exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment