Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm taking charge

I've been reading and rereading Taking Charge of Your Fertility for a little while now and I am really excited about charting my cycle and learning more about my own body.

Charting your cycle seems easy until you start to analyze your temperatures and realize how little you actually know about your cycle! I am hoping to get the hang of it soon. I need to be better about remembering to take my temp. I have made it 4 consecutive days without forgetting but that's my longest stretch. (Bad, I know.) I also forget to check my cervix and because I go through long periods of time between checking, I forget what normal feels like. I can't tell how firm or soft it should feel. I can't tell if it's high or low, and I certainly can't tell if the "open" I feel is related to me giving birth previously or if it's related to ovulation. Yikes. I gotta get better at this.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to see my thermal shift! Thanks to my SIL for helping me interpret my temps! I probably would still be confused if it weren't for her. I know all I need is practice, and I am glad I will have the chance to practice before we actually start TTC. Yep. We decided to wait til after Disneyland. I know that sounds horribly selfish, but I did want a vacation with just the 3 of us, and I don't want to be sick or have to sit out during our trip.

1 comment:

  1. The best way to figure out the cervix is feel it the same time every day. For a few weeks it will just feel like mush and then you will start to figure out if it is soft/hard or high/low. And then it is second nature, same as taking your temp, checking your mucous, and figuring out when you ovulate without having crosshairs on fertility friend.

    You will get there :) It just takes time.

    ReplyDelete